Expand your musical horizons at the in-depth Kiwigrass Academy to be held over the two days leading up to the main Kiwigrass Festival.
This is a unique opportunity to get insights from top caliber players. Forget YouTube videos, or the usual quick festival workshops. This is the real thing.
The approach is modelled upon the music academies held by many of the most popular festivals in the United States, and for the first time you can benefit from this level of instruction in this kind of environment without shelling out thousands of dollars for airfares.
There will be two streams: “beginners” and “everyone else.” So don’t think you have to already be an expert to get value from Kiwigrass Academy. (NB: you are expected to have a rudimentary familiarity with your instrument, such as being able to strum at least 3 chords).
Your Kiwigrass academy registration includes:
- 2 days of immersive musical instruction and participation.
- 4x 2-hour lessons in your chosen instrument – Banjo, guitar, fiddle, mandolin, and bass.
- 4x 1-hour sessions of electives* on topics such as:
- Harmony singing
- Band dynamics
- Working a single mic
- Song arrangements
- Instrumental arrangements
- Band management
- Audio and PA techniques
- Continental breakfast and buffet dinner provided for both days.
- On-site catering available for lunch, or self-cater.
- Band scramble concert with fellow participants.
- Evening concerts by festival bands.
More exciting content for the academy is being planned and will be added as it gets confirmed.
*Subject to change and refinement.